South Carolina SC Organizations SC Animal, Wildlife Organizations
SC Animal Protection & Rescue Organizations
SC Animal Spay and Neuter Resources
Pet overpopulation – and euthanasia – is a terrible problem in South Carolina and the US as a whole. In South Carolina, the death rate at most shelters is well over 75%. This means that for every four animals who enter, three never come out.
Learn the facts ...
Take action in South Carolina ...
- No Kill South Carolina
A grassroots animal care initiative working with six animal shelters which serve as "Key Resource Centers" to coach, inspire and train vulnerable animal sheltering organizations throughout the state on lifesaving strategies by reducing both the overpopulation and the unnecessary euthanasia.
SC Animal Appreciation & Enjoyment Groups
The groups listed here come together to enjoy a mutual appreciation of specific species or varieties, or they gather to promote their enthusiasm for obedience training, agility exercises, or other animal-related activities.
SC Animal-Human Healing Organizations
- Barnabas Horse Foundation for Children
This Murrells Inlet group seeks to provide healing through fellowship with horses; it is aimed at children ages 4 to 17 who are recovering from physical abuse, sexual abuse, and trauma.
- DixieLand Guide Dog Users
This Charleston coalition provides education for the sighted community and peer mentoring with advocacy for the blindness community (guide dogs, cane and sighted guide users alike), while promoting one community at large.
- Charleston Area Therapeutic Riding - Johns Island
- DixieLand Guide Dog Users - Charleston
- Healing Species - violence intervention curriculum using rescued, stray dogs
- Heroes on Horseback - Bluffton - equine activities for individuals with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities
- Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services - training service animals for physically disabled
- RideAbility Therapeutic Riding
This program in Clover offers a wide range of horse-related programs to children, adults, and families with special needs to promote the physical, psychological, emotional, social, and spiritual well-being.
- Vested Partners - Greenville - trains dogs to work with children with autism
SC State Animal Symbols
These native mammals, fish, birds, amphibians, and reptiles have been chosen by our state's legislature to officially represent South Carolina.
Native SC Animals
These fun and informative resources will help you learn more about South Carolina's native fauna.