South Carolina SC Organizations SC Community Organization SC LGBT Organizations
The following guide will help you identify lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender groups and organizations that support, advance, and educate individuals and the community.
SC Gay and Lesbian Events
Gay and Lesbian Social Groups in South Carolina
SC Gay and Lesbian Support and Advocacy Organizations
- Alliance for Full Acceptance
Charleston based organization works to eliminate social prejudice based on sexual orientation.
- College of Charleston Safe Zone
Where one can feel free to talk about being lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, allied, asexual or intersex without fear of criticism or hatred.
Based in Greer, 864Pride is a clinical nonprofit focused on increasing access to mental health and medical services for the LGBTQ+ community in the Upstate.
- Grand Strand Pride
Based in Myrtle Beach, this organization is working to advance acceptance of the Grand Strand LGBT community through increased visibility.
- Harriet Hancock Center
Located in Columbia, the Harriet Hancock Center provides a safe and welcoming space for the LGBT community and its allies and offers a variety of resources including a library, supportive groups, and directory of LGBT-friendly businesses, organizations, and counselors.
- Lowcountry Pride
This organization provides support and hosts events for the LGBTQIA+ community in Beaufort County.
- Myrtle Beach Horry County Democratic LGBT Committee
LGBT political advocacy organization.
- PFLAG Greenville | PFLAG Spartanburg
Provides support and resources for peers, family, and allies of the LGBTQ community.
- Rainbow Support Group SC
Spartanburg based LGBTQIA support group seeks to promote tolerance and empowerment for individuals and to aid in the fight to stop LGBTQIA bullying.
- South Carolina Black Pride
- South Carolina Equality Coalition
- South Carolina Gay and Lesbian Business Guild
- South Carolina Stonewall Democrats
This organization works to elect LGBT and pro-equality Democrats in SC.
- Transgender Awareness Alliance
Lexington based organization supplies emergency assistance to the transgender community of SC and partners with other organizations to create an affirming network of legal, health, and consumer resources.
- Uplift Outreach Center
Located in Spartanburg, this organization is creating a safe space where youth are accepted and partner with local organizations to provide LGBTQ+ specific resources to the community.
- Upstate Pride
Spartanburg's Gay Pride March Committee.
- Upstate SC LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce - empower local queer business entrepreneurs, individuals and allied partners to generate creative and economic value for our local communities - serves Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Greenwood, Laurens, Oconee, Pickens, Spartanburg and Union counties.
- We Are Family
This group serves Charleston, Berkeley, and Dorchester Counties to help GLBTQ and straight ally youth find their places in the world, in their families, and communities.
SC Religious Groups Accepting of Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals
Related Resources for SC Gays and Lesbians