South Carolina SC Organizations SC Hispanic Resources
[ Vea esta guía en espanol. ]
South Carolina ranks among the highest in any state for Latino population growth. Click here to read a good list of fast facts about SC Latinos
compiled by USC.
We have created this guide to help South Carolina's Hispanic and Latino residents and families find the resources they need to succeed and help improve their lives / create good, safe lives.
Unfortunately, only a few of the following resources have been translated into Spanish. We have included spanish translations for all of our links
, but when you click these links, you will most often be taken to a page that is in English.
Advocates of SC Hispanic & Latino Communities
The following groups distribute information and organize resources to facilitate our state's recognition of the growing importance of South Carolina's Hispanic and Latino population.
Groups that Help SC Hispanics & Latinos
- Latino Communications Community Development Corporation - helps low-moderate income families achieve financial stability and independence through financial literacy education, job training and home-ownership workshops - based in Columbia
- Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach Services - based on Johns Island - provides educational, health, and social services to Hispanic residents of James Island, Johns Island, Wadmalaw, and Charleston
- PASOs - helps the Latino community and service providers work together for strong and healthy families through education, support and grassroots leadership development - based at USC Columbia with branches around the state
- Prospanica - advocates for Hispanic business professionals to empower and enable them to achieve their full educational, economic, and social potential
- SC Hispanic Outreach - provides job, health, community, and legal services - based in Columbia
- South Carolina Appleseed Legal Justice Center - helps low-income residents of South Carolina overcome social, economic, and legal injustice - based in Columbia
– Immigrant Resource Guide
- More community organizations - list compiled by USC - includes contact info for organizations without websites
SC Hispanic and Latino Health Organizations
Charleston / Medical University of South Carolina
SC Hispanic, Latino Job Resources
SC ESL Programs and SC Spanish Translators, Interpreters
SC Hispanic, Latino Newspapers
- El Informador - Charleston and Hilton Head areas bi-weekly, Spanish language newspaper - offers online and printed editions
- La Isla - covers Hilton Head events and stories in Spanish - offers online and printed editions
- Latino Newspaper - covers Greenville, Columbia and Charleston news in Spanish - offers online and printed editions - based in Mauldin
SC Hispanic and Latino Events, Festivals