South Carolina SC Churches Columbia SC Churches
Our guide to churches in Columbia will help you discover churches in all denominations. The list is further broken down by location within Richland County.
We also feature guidea Batesburg-Leesville SC churches
, Blythewood SC churches
, Cayce SC churches
, Chapin SC churches
, Irmo SC churches
, Lexington SC churches
, and West Columbia SC churches
. These communities are located near Columbia
and offer additional churches for you to attend.
Columbia SC Churches
AME Churches in Columbia
- African Methodist Episcopal Church - 7th District
- Historic Bethel AME Church
Organized in 1866, members of Bethel AME first worshiped in an old sword factory on Wayne Street. The congregation relocated several times in the downtown Columbia before acquiring land on Sumter Street. With ever-increasing membership, Bethel AME moved to the old Shandon Baptist Church site on Woodrow Street in 1995. Today Bethel AME Church is one of the largest AME church campuses in the world and is also home to Bethel Learning Center, a SCISA-accredited school and one of the most highly-regarded private schools in the state. The Renaissance Foundation now owns the Sumter Street building, which serves as a Cultural Arts Center.
Anglican Churches in Columbia
- Church of the Good Shepherd
One of the oldest churches in Columbia, the Church of the Good Shepherd was organized in 1883. It was originally a mission church of nearby Trinity Episcopal Cathedral. By 1886 it became its own parish. Today the Church of the Good Shepherd describes itself as an Anglo-Catholic parish and belongs to the Episcopal Diocese of Upper South Carolina.
Baptist Churches in Columbia
Catholic Churches in Columbia
Episcopal Churches in Columbia
Greek Orthodox Churches in Columbia
- Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
This Greek Orthodox church in downtown Columbia was founded in 1936 when Greek immigrants established a community in the South Carolina midlands and began worshiping together. By 1939 members of the small congregation had acquired a frame house for their church services. The church was called Assumption Greek Orthodox Parish by 1942 and became an official member of the Archdiocese of North and South America. The church as well as the Greek community in Columbia grew from this point, requiring the congregation to build a larger house of worship at Sumter and Calhoun Streets in 1949. Once the new church was built, the congregation changed its name to the Greek Orthodox Church of the Holy Trinity.
Jewish Temples & Synagogues in Columbia
Lutheran Churches in Columbia
Methodist Churches in Columbia
Mosques in Columbia
Pentecostal Churches in Columbia
Presbyterian Churches in Columbia
Seventh Day Adventist Churches in Columbia
Unitarian Churches in Columbia
More Churches in Columbia
Religious Organizations in Columbia