South Carolina SC Organizations SC Senior Organizations Richland County Senior Organizations
Also see: SC Senior Transportation Services | SC Home Care
FEATURED Columbia SC Senior Citizen Resources
Feature Your Columbia Senior Citizen Resource Here
Columbia Senior Citizen Organizations & Resources
Below are links to helpful senior citizen resources in Columbia and all of Richland County.
- Area Agency on Aging
A function of the Central Midlands Council of Governments, the AAA develops and coordinates services and activities for seniors by working closely with local advocacy groups and health care providers.
- Assisted living and retirement communities in Columbia
- Bridging Generations through Technology, Information, Media and Engagement - BGTIME
Columbia-area college students produce media content of website and are paired with seniors to teach them how to access and contribute information on the internet.
- Columbia Parkinson's Support Group
This group offers support and information for patients in the Columbia area with Parkinson's disease, as well as thier caregivers and family members.
- The FriendShip
This nonprofit organization, based in downtown Columbia, brings together members age 50 and older and volunteers. The FriendShip provides a variety of programs and services including transportation, home maintenance assistance, and opportunities for social engagement to enable members to age in place.
- Lourie Center
This Columbia recreation center for adults ages 50+ offers fitness, cultural, and educational opportunities.
- Midlands SCORE - Counselors to America's Small Business
This team of retired professionals provides advice to Columbia-area entrepreneurs.
- Physical Activity Directory for Older Adults
Information and facility list for senior fitness - requires Adobe Reader
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
RSVP strives to connect senior volunteers with local needs.
- SC Access Disability and Aging Services Quick Search
This excellent resource can help you find Columbia and Richland County senior services. Use the "Choose Your County" menu to select Horry.
- Senior Resources - coordinate services and resources to promote healthy, independent living