Ashepoo Indians – Native Americans in SC
South Carolina SC Native Americans SC Indian Tribes SC Ashepoo Indians
Name, Language – Ashepoo Indians
- The Ashepoo were a Cusabo tribe.
- Alternate spellings: Ishpow
- Possible meanings:
- Language family: Muskogean
Current Status – Ashepoo Indians
SC Location, Territory – Ashepoo Indians
- Traditional: Lower Ashepoo River in Colleton county
Related SC Names – Ashepoo Indians
- Ashepoo River and the ACE Basin: South Carolina's ACE Basin gets its name from the three waterways that flow through its varied landscape: The Ashepoo, Combahee, and Edisto Rivers.
History – Ashepoo Indians
Dwellings – Ashepoo Indians
Food – Ashepoo Indians
- Farming – ?
- Fishing – ?
- Hunting – ?
Beliefs and Practices – Ashepoo Indians
Related Ashepoo Indian Resources