South Carolina SC Education SC Colleges & Universities SC College Financial Aid
SC College Financial Aid
If you know of a scholarship or award that is specifically for SC residents and does not require a student to attend a particular college, please write us at email@example.com
, with the website URL and we will list the scholarship here.
State Financial Aid Programs
- LIFE Scholarships - click link and scroll down for info
Merit scholarship for full-time students: $4,700 a year if you attend SC four-year college, up to cost-of-tuition if you attend two-year college. No application ... automatic award. But freshman eligibility requirements increase each year, so hit the books!
- Palmetto Fellows Scholarships - click link and scroll down for info
Merit scholarship for students who attend SC four-year college full-time: up to $6,700 for freshman year and up to $7,500 for each of the following three years. Requires certain scores be achieved on standard tests plus minimum GPA. Student's school counselor must submit application and required documents for student to be considered.
- South Carolina HOPE Scholarships - click link and scroll down for info
Merit scholarship for entering freshmen who attend SC four-year college full-time, graduated from high school with at least a B average, and who do not qualify for LIFE or Palmetto Fellows Scholarships: $2,800 for one year only. No application ... automatic award.
- Gamecock Guarantee
University of South Carolina need-based financial and academic-support program. Students are eligible for the program if their family income is below 150 percent of the federal poverty level and the student is a first-generation college student. Available for all four years if meet all requirements. No separate application outside of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) ... automatic award.
- Need-Based Grants - click link and scroll down for info
$2,500 a year for full-time students, $1,250 for part-time. Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Lottery Tuition Assistance Program - click link and scroll down for info
Up to $1,140 a term for full-time, $95 per credit hour for part-time students who attend SC two-year college. Applicants must not be recipient of HOPE, LIFE or Palmetto Fellows Scholarships and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- South Carolina Teacher Loans
For education majors. Up to $2,500 a year for freshmen and sophomores, $5,000 for juniors and seniors. Loans can be canceled by teaching in South Carolina public schools in critical geographic and subject matter areas.
- South Carolina Student Loan Corporation
A private, non-profit organization that makes many types of college loans to South Carolina students and their parents.
Private Financial Aid Resources and Scholarships
SC College Financial Aid Offices
Other Financial Aid Resources
- FinAid - quality info about loans, scholarships, military aid, and almost everything else you'd want to know about college financial aid
- FastWeb - free scholarship search service
- Other types of aid - opportunities for aid outside of scholarships and financial aid
Related SC Private College and University Resources