South Carolina SC Education SC Colleges & Universities SC College Financial Aid
If you know of a scholarship or award that is for SC residents and does not require a student to attend a particular college, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, and we will list the scholarship here.
State Financial Aid Programs
- LIFE Scholarships - Merit scholarship for full-time students: $4,700 a year if you attend SC four-year college, up to cost-of-tuition if you attend two-year college. No application ... automatic award. But freshman eligibility requirements increase each year, so hit the books!
- Palmetto Fellows Scholarships - Merit scholarship for students who attend SC four-year college full-time and declare a major in an approved math or science program: up to $7,500 a year. Requires 1200+ SAT or 27+ ACT.
- South Carolina HOPE Scholarships - Merit scholarship for entering freshmen who attend SC four-year college full-time and who do not qualify for LIFE or Palmetto Fellows Scholarships: $2,800 for one year only. No application ... automatic award.
- Gamecock Guarantee - University of South Carolina need-based financial and academic-support program. Students are eligible for the program if their family income is below 150 percent of the federal poverty level. Available for all four years if meet all requirements. No separate application ... automatic award.
- Need-Based Grants - $2,500 a year for full-time students, $1,250 for part-time. Applicants must complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Lottery Tuition Assistance Program - Up to $1,140 a term for full-time, $95 per credit hour for part-time students who attend SC two-year college. Applicants must not be recipient of HOPE, LIFE or Palmetto Fellows Scholarships and complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- South Carolina Teacher Loans - For education majors. Up to $2,500 a year for freshmen and sophomores, $5,000 for juniors and seniors. Loans can be canceled by teaching in South Carolina public schools in critical geographic and subject matter areas.
- South Carolina Student Loan Corporation - SCSLC - A private, non-profit organization that makes many types of college loans to South Carolina students and their parents.
Private Financial Aid Resources and Scholarships
SC College Financial Aid Offices
Other Financial Aid Resources
Related SC Private College and University Resources