Lyman Military Memorial – Lyman, South Carolina
South Carolina | SC Picture Project | Spartanburg County Photos | Lyman Military Memorial
The Lyman District Five War Memorial is located in the small upstate town of Lyman. Originally named Groce’s Stop, this small farming community quickly grew into a bustling mill village with the addition of Pacific Mills largest textile mill in 1924. The company built homes for the workers and helped to create a community by building a school, community center, churches, and even a National Guard armory.
This memorial, located in downtown Lyman, pays tribute to all five branches of the US military. The inscription at the base reads:
This memorial is dedicated to the men and women of this area who have served in the armed forces of the United States and to those who gave their life in performance of the service. Erected by the people of District 5 School Area Spartanburg County and dedicated May 26, 1991.
You may not use them in any form without written consent.
SCIWAY does not provide contact information for photographers.