Fannie Kate’s Bed and Breakfast – McCormick, South Carolina

South Carolina  |  SC Picture Project  |  McCormick County Photos  |  Fannie Kate’s Bed and Breakfast

This brick building in McCormick has functioned as a hotel since it was built around 1882. Originally called the McCormick Temperance Hotel, it was designed to welcome passengers from the McCormick Railroad.

Fannie Kate

Beverly Christ of James Island, 2014 © Do Not Use Without Written Consent

The business was purchased in 1905 by Mrs. J.M. Marsh, whose seven-year-old daughter, Fannie Kate, assisted with the chores necessary in running a hotel. After Mrs. Marsh’s death Fannie Kate took over the hotel. According to the present owners, the bed and breakfast is located on top of the Dorn’s gold mine tunnels. The gold mines of McCormick were discovered in 1852.

Fannie Kate’s Bed and Breakfast Info

Address: 127 South Main Street, McCormick, SC 29835

Fannie Kate’s Bed and Breakfast Map

Fannie Kate’s Bed and Breakfast – Add Info and More Photos

The purpose of the South Carolina Picture Project is to celebrate the beauty of the Palmetto State and create a permanent digital repository for our cultural landmarks and natural landscapes. We invite you to add additional pictures (paintings, photos, etc) of Fannie Kate’s Bed and Breakfast, and we also invite you to add info, history, stories, and travel tips. Together, we hope to build one of the best and most loved SC resources in the world!

If You Don't Have a Facebook Account, Please Comment Below

One Comment about Fannie Kate’s Bed and Breakfast

Pam Fuller says:
August 17th, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Love this place

Related Pages

Badwell Cemetery Daddy Tom

Fannie Kate’s Bed and Breakfast

McCormick Depot
McCormick Depot

Long Cane Massacre

McCormick County Courthouse

Bordeaux Hall
Bordeaux Hall

New Bordeaux Worship Site

Buffalo Creek
Buffalo Creek

Dorn Mill
Dorn Mill


October Calendar
October Newsletter
Add New Info
Add New Pictures
Our 5 Goals


Abbeville ACE Basin Aiken Allendale Anderson Awendaw Bamberg Barns & Farms Barnwell Beaches Beaufort Beech Island Belton Bennettsville Bishopville Blackville Bluffton Bridges Bygone Landmarks Camden Carnegie Libraries Cemeteries Charleston Charleston Navy Base Cheraw Chester Churches Clemson Clinton Clio Colleges Columbia Conway Courthouses Darlington Denmark Dillon Donalds Easley Edgefield Edisto Elloree Fairfax Florence Folly Beach Gaffney Garden City Beach Georgetown Glenn Springs Graniteville Greeleyville Greenville Greenwood Greer Hamburg Hampton Hartsville Hemingway Hilton Head Historic Houses Historic Photos Honea Path Hopkins Hunting Island Isle of Palms Jails James Island Johnsonville Kiawah Island Kingstree Lake City Lakes Lancaster Latta Laurens Lexington Libraries Lighthouses Little River Manning Marion McClellanville McCormick Military Mills Moncks Corner Mountains Mt. Carmel Mt. Pleasant Mullins Murrells Inlet Myrtle Beach National Register Newberry Ninety Six North Augusta North Charleston North Myrtle Beach Orangeburg Parks Pawleys Island Pendleton Pickens Piers Plantations Port Royal Post Offices Restaurants Ridgeway Rivers Robert Mills Rock Hill Rosenwald Schools Salters Saluda Savannah River Site SC Artists SC Heroes of the Alamo Schools Seneca Shrimp Boats Society Hill Spartanburg Sports Springs St. George St. Helena Island St. Matthews Stores Sullivan's Island Summerton Summerville Sumter Synagogues Town Clocks Trains & Depots Trees Trenton Turbeville Ulmer Union Wadmalaw Island Walhalla Walterboro Waterfalls Water Towers Westminster Winnsboro Yemassee York

© 2015, LLC All rights reserved.