The 500-acre Springdale Race Course in Camden hosts the Carolina Cup each spring and the Colonial Cup each fall. Donated to the State of South Carolina by Marion duPont Scott before her death in 1983, the Springdale Race Course was built by by Harry D. Kirkover and Ernest L. Woodward in 1928. The first Carolina Cup was hosted here in 1930.
The dirt track at the Springdale Race Course is where racing horses compete each year in the Carolina Cup and Colonial Cup. Horses and jockeys can reach speeds up to 35 mph around the track.