Pawleys Island Chapel – Pawleys Island, South Carolina
South Carolina | SC Picture Project | Georgetown County Photos | Pawleys Island Chapel
Originally home to the Pentecostal Holiness Church in nearby Georgetown, this quaint chapel did not arrive on Pawleys Island until the late 1940s, when it was dismantled and transported to the island. The chapel was carefully rebuilt by the Georgetown Laymen’s Association and dedicated on June 6, 1948.
“The Chapel” has managed to survive both Hurricane Hazel and Hurricane Hugo, and continues to serve as the island’s only house of worship.
Special thanks to Matt Trudeau of Murrells Inlet for sharing this photo.