Page’s Millpond Boathouse – Lake View, South Carolina
South Carolina | SC Picture Project | Dillon County Photos | Page’s Millpond Boathouse
This picture taken in Lake View shows the mill house on Page’s Millpond. The mill house was built in 1935 to replace the original built in 1792. It is located on the northern end of main street in Lake View, and greets folks driving into Lake View on Highway 41 from North Carolina.
Page’s Millpond is the namesake for the town of ‘Lake View’. The pond is a 238-acre cypress pond with a beautiful spillway. Fishing is allowable only through membership, but photographing is allowed from the shore.
SCIWAY thanks Joan Beth Page of Lake View for this information and picture taken in October 2006.