Gaffney Visitors Center – Cherokee County, South Carolina
South Carolina | SC Picture Project | Cherokee County Photos | Gaffney Visitors Center
The Gaffney Visitors Center moved in November 2010 into its newly renovated home at 210 West Frederick Street in downtown Gaffney. The building was built in 1912 and used to be a post office. It had fallen into disrepair over the years, until the city decided to fix it and move the visitors center here. The beautifully restored building is called the “grand dame” by locals and brings much pride to the city.
The Cherokee County Alliance of Visual Artists (CAVA) is also located inside the building.
For more information about the Gaffney Visitors Center, be sure to see its main website.
Many thanks to frequent SCIWAY contributor, Rodger Painter of Gaffney, for submitting this picture.