Fuller House – Barnwell, South Carolina
South Carolina | SC Picture Project | Barnwell County Photos | Fuller House
The Fuller House is the future home of the Barnwell County Museum. It has been under extensive restoration since 2008. This lovely home previously belonged to C.G. and Effie Mae Fuller, who donated the house to the City and County of Barnwell in the 1950s to be used as a library.
Mr. Fuller was originally from Ohio, and was elected Mayor in 1932. He made many important civic improvements to the area, and was the chairman of the WPA work going on in Barnwell during 1933.
Barnwell eventually built a new library, and the Fuller House was donated to the city museum. After the restoration of the house is complete, the Barnwell County Museum will be able to call the Fuller House home.
SCIWAY thanks Melissa Roberts for submitting this photo in December 2010, and Marie Peeples for providing this great historical information.
You may not use them in any form without written consent.
SCIWAY does not provide contact information for photographers.