Harmony Baptist Church – Fairfax, South Carolina


South Carolina  |  SC Picture Project  |  Allendale County Photos  |  Harmony Baptist Church

The congregation of Harmony Baptist Church formed in Fairfax in 1830, with members holding services in a brush arbor, as was typical of early churches prior to the construction of a meetinghouse. The church formally organized in 1878 and was given the official name of Harmony Baptist Church by charter member Sarah Gooding.

Harmony Baptist Church

Andy Hunter of North Augusta, 2014 © Do Not Use Without Written Consent

Harmony Baptist became part of the Savannah River Association of Baptist Churches, an organization formed in 1813. This meeting house-style building was constructed in 1880 on land donated by member Josiah Loadholt. In 1899 it joined with three other local churches – Salkehatchie Baptist, Bethlehem Baptist, and Bethel Baptist – to form a pastoral field in which a single pastor would preach to members of all four churches twice a month, rotating church buildings. Today Harmony Baptist Church is affiliated with nearby Varnville Baptist Church, both of which belong to the Southern Baptist Convention.



Harmony Baptist Church Info


Address: 1636 Jenny's Road, Fairfax, SC 29827

Harmony Baptist Church Map



Harmony Baptist Church – Add Info and More Photos


The purpose of the South Carolina Picture Project is to celebrate the beauty of the Palmetto State and create a permanent digital repository for our cultural landmarks and natural landscapes. We invite you to add additional pictures (paintings, photos, etc) of Harmony Baptist Church, and we also invite you to add info, history, stories, and travel tips. Together, we hope to build one of the best and most loved SC resources in the world!


If You Don't Have a Facebook Account, Please Comment Below









TRENDING

July Calendar
July Newsletter
Add New Info
Add New Pictures
Our 5 Goals

SC CATEGORIES

Abbeville ACE Basin Aiken Allendale Anderson Awendaw Bamberg Barns & Farms Barnwell Beaches Beaufort Beech Island Belton Bennettsville Bishopville Blackville Bluffton Bridges Bygone Landmarks Camden Carnegie Libraries Cemeteries Charleston Charleston Navy Base Cheraw Chester Churches Clemson Clinton Clio Colleges Columbia Conway Courthouses Darlington Denmark Dillon Donalds Easley Edgefield Edisto Elloree Fairfax Florence Folly Beach Gaffney Garden City Beach Georgetown Glenn Springs Graniteville Greeleyville Greenville Greenwood Greer Hamburg Hampton Hartsville Hemingway Hilton Head Historic Houses Historic Photos Honea Path Hopkins Hunting Island Isle of Palms Jails James Island Johnsonville Kiawah Island Kingstree Lake City Lakes Lancaster Latta Laurens Lexington Libraries Lighthouses Little River Manning Marion McClellanville McCormick Military Mills Moncks Corner Mountains Mt. Carmel Mt. Pleasant Mullins Murrells Inlet Myrtle Beach National Register Newberry Ninety Six North Augusta North Charleston North Myrtle Beach Orangeburg Parks Pawleys Island Pendleton Pickens Piers Plantations Port Royal Post Offices Restaurants Ridgeway Rivers Robert Mills Rock Hill Rosenwald Schools Salters Saluda Savannah River Site SC Artists SC Heroes of the Alamo Schools Seneca Shrimp Boats Society Hill Spartanburg Sports Springs St. George St. Helena Island St. Matthews Stores Sullivan's Island Summerton Summerville Sumter Synagogues Town Clocks Trains & Depots Trees Trenton Turbeville Ulmer Union Wadmalaw Island Walhalla Walterboro Waterfalls Water Towers Westminster Winnsboro Yemassee York

© 2015 SCIWAY.net, LLC All rights reserved.