Allendale Presbyterian Church – Allendale, South Carolina

South Carolina  |  SC Picture Project  |  Allendale County Photos  |  Allendale Presbyterian Church

In 1878 the Charleston Presbytery gathered on Edisto Island and discussed plans for a new church in Allendale. Within a few months, charter members of Allendale Presbyterian Church were meeting the first Sunday of each month in Union Church, a building that hosted different denominations in the community on a rotating schedule.

Allendale Presbyterian

Andy Hunter of North Augusta, 2014 © Do Not Use Without Written Consent

By 1890 the congregation was ready to build its own church on a lot purchased from J.L. Williams, who also built the new church’s pews. A church bell molded in England was added to the church that same year, presented by Charlestonian John Maybank. The church was remodeled in 1957 and included the installation of stained glass. The congregation of Allendale Presbyterian remains active.

Allendale Presbyterian Church Info

Address: 230 Flat Street, Allendale, SC 29810

Allendale Presbyterian Church Map

Allendale Presbyterian Church – Add Info and More Photos

The purpose of the South Carolina Picture Project is to celebrate the beauty of the Palmetto State and create a permanent digital repository for our cultural landmarks and natural landscapes. We invite you to add additional pictures (paintings, photos, etc) of Allendale Presbyterian Church, and we also invite you to add info, history, stories, and travel tips. Together, we hope to build one of the best and most loved SC resources in the world!

If You Don't Have a Facebook Account, Please Comment Below

Related Pages

War Dogs Memorial

Lake City Pole Barn

Thornwell Elementary School

Singleton Cemetery

Central Fire Station

Lake City

Wardlaw Junior High School

Cassina Point Plantation

Chesterfield Inn Historic Photo
Chesterfield Inn
Myrtle Beach


Abbeville ACE Basin Aiken Allendale Anderson Awendaw Bamberg Barns & Farms Barnwell Beaches Beaufort Beech Island Belton Bennettsville Bishopville Blackville Bluffton Bridges Bygone Landmarks Camden Carnegie Libraries Cemeteries Charleston Charleston Navy Base Cheraw Chester Churches Clemson Clinton Clio Colleges Columbia Conway Courthouses Darlington Denmark Dillon Donalds Easley Edgefield Edisto Elloree Fairfax Florence Folly Beach Forests and Nature Preserves Gaffney Garden City Beach Georgetown Glenn Springs Graniteville Greeleyville Greenville Greenwood Greer Hamburg Hampton Hartsville Hemingway Hilton Head Historic Houses Historic Photos Honea Path Hopkins Hunting Island Isle of Palms Jails James Island Johns Island Johnsonville Kiawah Island Kingstree Lake City Lakes Lancaster Latta Laurens Lexington Libraries Lighthouses Little River Manning Marion McClellanville McCormick Military Mills Moncks Corner Mountains Mt. Carmel Mt. Pleasant Mullins Murrells Inlet Myrtle Beach National Register Newberry Ninety Six North Augusta North Charleston North Myrtle Beach Orangeburg Parks Pawleys Island Pendleton Pickens Piers Plantations Port Royal Post Offices Ravenel Restaurants Ridgeway Rivers Robert Mills Rock Hill Rockville Rosenwald Schools Salters Saluda Savannah River Site SC Artists SC Heroes of the Alamo Schools Seneca Shrimp Boats Society Hill Spartanburg Sports Springs St. George St. Helena Island St. Matthews Stores Sullivan's Island Summerton Summerville Sumter Synagogues Town Clocks Trains & Depots Trees Trenton Turbeville Ulmer Union Wadmalaw Island Walhalla Walterboro Waterfalls Water Towers Westminster Winnsboro Yemassee York

© 2015, LLC All rights reserved.