Movies Filmed in South Carolina – The Jungle Book
South Carolina SC Movies Guide Movies Filmed in SC The Jungle Book
||Spill Your Scoop!
If you have a story about the filming of The Jungle Book in South Carolina, let us know.
The Jungle Book: Overview
- Director – Stephen Sommers
- Cast – Jason Scott Lee, Cary Elwes, Lena Headey, Sam Neill, John Cleese
- Genre – Adventure, Family
- Plot – A live-action rendering of Rudyard Kipling's classic tale of Mowgli, the boy raised by wolves in the jungles of India.
The Jungle Book: SC Locations
- Lush jungle scenes were shot on Fripp Island, nearly 8,000 miles away from India where the story took place.
- Catering, wardrobe, and make-up headquarters were stationed near the Fripp Island Marina.
The Jungle Book: Fun Facts
- Part of the land on Fripp Island used in the film was later developed into the Ocean Creek golf course by PGA golfer Davis Love III.
- Although many jungle scenes were shot in SC, the scenes with animals were shot in Tennessee with the exception of one scene that was partially done in India.
- $70,000 of the production cost was used to pay for water just to keep the crew hydrated.
More Resources For The Jungle Book
The Jungle Book: Purchase The Movie