Movies Filmed in South Carolina – Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
SC Movies Guide > Movies Filmed in SC > Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
||Spill Your Scoop!
If you have a story about the filming of Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls in South Carolina, let us know.
- Director – Steve Oedekerk
- Cast – Jim Carrey
- Genre – Action, Comedy
- Plot – Ace Ventura comes out of retirement to investigate the disappearance of a sacred bat.
- Parts of the movie were shot at Botany Bay on Edisto Island and at Cherokee Plantation near Green Pond.
- Botany Bay Plantation, with its environment that closely resembles a tropical landscape, was used for all the jungle scenes, as well as the African village scenes.
- Cherokee Plantation, with its Georgian mansion and manicured gardens, was the setting for the British Consulate in Bonai.
- Cherokee Plantation was once owned by the president of General Motors, Robert Beverly Evans, who named the Jeep Cherokee after his estate.
Purchase Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls