2011 South Carolina Small Town Photo Contest
This contest is for photos of South Carolina small towns.
If you would like to submit a picture of another SC scene, please visit the SC Picture Project.
UPDATE: The 2011 South Carolina Small Town Photo Contest was a huge success with over 450 photos being submitted! This was narrowed down to six and after 3,344 votes were cast, the winning photo was selected by SCIWAY's visitors.
- 1st place receives $300 – plus it will be featured as our "SC Photo of the Month" for July!
- 2nd place receives $200!
- 3rd place receives $100!
- Since most South Carolina towns are fairly small, we will consider images from all cities with less than 25,000 residents – this excludes Aiken, Anderson, Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Goose Creek, Greenville, Greer, Hilton Head Island, Mount Pleasant, Myrtle Beach, North Charleston, Rock Hill, Spartanburg, Summerville, and Sumter.
- Photos should show a cultural landmark, historic building, natural scene, or local event – basically anything that truly represents a particular South Carolina small town and makes it unique.
- All submissions should include a description of the scene (such as its location, history, or special significance) or the story behind the shot.
- Contest begins June 9, 2011.
- Deadline for submissions is 5 PM on June 22, 2011.
- You may enter as many photos as you like.
- SCIWAY will narrow the entries down to six finalists. Then we will then open voting up to everyone in the state!
- Public voting will begin June 28th, 2011 with the publication of our next edition of SCIWAY News.
- Voting will be accessible via SCIWAY News, SCIWAY's homepage, and the South Carolina Picture Project. Voters will be able to choose one favorite photo, and the photo with the most votes wins!
- The photos must be unique to a particular community. Generic scenes – such as wildlife and flower photos or close-ups of people – will not be considered.
- Photos must be at least 800 pixels wide and must be in one of these formats: jpg, gif, or png.
- Photos must be accompanied by a 35-word description of the scene. 35 words is an estimated minimum; you are welcome to make your description longer if you'd like.
- Images may NOT include copyright notices, borders, timestamps, watermarks, or photoshop effects! Images that include these will not be considered.