South Carolina Picture Project – Photo Contest Rules
See the results of our first photo contest: SC Swimming Holes.
This contest is only for photographs taken in Allendale County, Calhoun County, Jasper County, Marion County, and Union County. If you would like to submit a picture from another county, please submit it to our statewide gallery.
Guidelines and Rules
- Five prizes of $50 each will be awarded.
- Contest begins April 7, 2010.
- Deadline for submissions is 5 PM on Friday, April 30, 2010.
- You may enter as many photos as you like.
- Categories include: Allendale County, Calhoun County, Jasper County, Marion County, and Union County.
- Photos should show a cultural landmark, historic building, or natural scene – basically anything that represents a particular county or a town within that county.
- Photos must be accompanied by a 35-word description of the scene. (35 words is an estimated minimum; you are welcome to make your description longer if you'd like.)
- SCIWAY will narrow the entries down to six finalists for each county. We will then open voting up to everyone.
- Voting will begin Thursday, May 6th, 2010 with the publication of our next edition of SCIWAY News.
- Voting will be accessible via SCIWAY News, SCIWAY's homepage, and the South Carolina Picture Project. Voters will be able to choose one favorite photo for each county. The photo with the most votes wins!
- Photos cannot have close-ups of people in them and must be at least 600 pixels wide.
Please submit your photo through this form ...
*Denotes a required field