Ulmer, South Carolina
South Carolina Allendale County Ulmer
Ulmer is located in northeastern Allendale County where US 301 and US 321 converge. Property records indicate this area was settled before the Revolutionary War.
Ulmer received its charter in 1891. When the citizens were choosing a name for their town, the land around the train depot was owned by two men – Ephriam Ulmer and John Williams. The plans for the town's new business district encroached more on Mr. Ulmer's property than on Mr. Williams'. Mr. Ulmer agreed to give up his acreage in exchange for having the new town named for him.
Allendale is the largest city near Ulmer. Here is a map of the Allendale area.
General Information, Jobs
Recreation, Entertainment, Tourism
Schools, Colleges, Libraries
Hospitals, Churches, Helping Organizations
South Carolina's Site of the Day
SCIWAY . . . "sky-way" . . . South Carolina's Information HighWAY
© 2014 SCIWAY.net, LLC All rights reserved.