Glendale, South Carolina
South Carolina Spartanburg County Glendale
Glendale is located in Spartanburg County just eight miles to the east of the City of Spartanburg.
The community of Glendale was first known as Bivingsville. It started in the early 1830's when Dr. Bivings moved from North Carolina, bringing his own mechanics and carpenters to build a yarn mill. The company owned 1600 acres of land and the mill's village was comprised of 60 homes, 400 residents, and a church. During the Civil War, the Glendale Mill made cloth and other products for the Confederacy.
The name of the town was changed to Glendale in 1878 and the mill operated until 1961.
Here is a map to the Spartanburg area.
General Information, Jobs
Pictures of Glendale
Recreation, Entertainment, Tourism
Media, Information Services
Schools, Colleges, Libraries, Museums
Hospitals, Churches, Helping Organizations
South Carolina's Site of the Day
SCIWAY . . . "sky-way" . . . South Carolina's Information HighWAY
© 2013 SCIWAY.net, LLC All rights reserved.