South Carolina – Blogs about Life in the Palmetto State
Also see: SC Political Blogs
SC Blog Sponsors
- All Points West - A blog about South Carolina's connections with Lewis and Clark, early frontiers, and the American West
- The Art of the Plate - The Culinary Institute of Charleston at Trident Technical College serves up tasty recipes, local reviews, student stories, and school info
- ARTSAILS1 - Art news and events in Columbia, plus opportunities for artists to showcase their work or brush up on their skills
- Audubon South Carolina - "Swampy" the snake spills all - A good read for nature buffs of every age
- Backyard Wildlife Habitats - How to attract wildlife to your SC backyard - Sara Green of the South Carolina Wildlife Federation shares her garden journal - A treasure!
- The Best of South Carolina - Lowcountry dog lover on a mission to find the best of the Charleston area
- Birds I View SC - Reports on birds and places to go birding in the SC coastal area
- Capital City Eatz - University students, Sam and David, visit local Columbia restaurants and post their opinions and pictures
- Carolina Arts Unleashed - Ins-and-outs of the visual art community in the Carolinas
- Carolina Considered - A celebration of South Carolina's amazing natural and social scenery, gathered during travels around the state by USC Professor Emeritus Dr. Robert Angel - photos, commentary, and more
- Charleston Chow - Holly Herrick's weekly journal of the state of food and restaurants in Charleston. A fun read and truly informative!
- Charleston City Paper Blogs - Blogs hosted by The Holy City's popular weekly
- Charleston Currents - Online news featuring fun lists, positive local news, and editorials - published twice-weekly
- Charleston Daily Photo - Formerly "Walk This Way" - Charleston's "Unofficial Curator of Sidewalk Graffiti" takes you down the streets of the Holy City and the backroads of South Carolina as she visits churches, cemeteries, cotton fields, and more - Excellent photos!
–Read SCIWAY's article about and interview with Charleston Daily Photo blogger Joan Perry
- Charleston Fine Art Dealers' Association Blog - Features current art events and artists in Charleston
- Charles on Charleston - Local radio personality showcases the compelling people and places that make "Charleston one of the world's greatest cities."
- Christopher Hall Photography - Aiken resident and photographer Chris Hall travels and documents the beauty of our great state
- Columbia Closings - Blog about businesses in Columbia which have closed. Ted hopes you will contribute your thoughts, memories and other closures from around town.
- ColumbiaCouponMom.com - Learn about this week's best deals in town
- Columbia Foodie - "Diary of a foodie eating, drinking, and cooking her way through South Carolina"
- CRASH - IP Stanback Museum and Planetarium's blog about Civil Rights, Art, Science, and the Humanities ... good info about artists and culture at South Carolina State University
- Cypress Gardens - Event info plus "what's blooming" in this historic SC garden
- Daufuskie Island, South Carolina - Media and news articles about this Beaufort County community
- The Dead Librarian - Debra Bloom, Periodicals Librarian for the Richland County Public Library, helps you research your SC genealogy
- Dr. Neil Kao's Allergy and Asthma Blog - Upstate physician blogs about allergies in SC - View SC Smoke-free Workplace Ordinances Map and Greenville pollen counts and air quality conditions
- Fort Mill SC Living - Exploring the people, places and food of York County
- Gap Creek Gourmet - Self-proclaimed writer, food geek, and mom delves into all things food in the Upstate
- Go Green Charleston - Excellent community action forum - Read this blog and make a difference
- Greenville Daily Photo - The title says it all - We wish every SC town had one of these!
- Kidding Around Greenville SC - Two moms write about life with kids in Upstate including lots of ideas for outings
- Let's Celebrate South Carolina - Camden native and Myrtle Beach resident Nina Nash asks fellow South Carolinians to help her celebrate the great state of South Carolina!
- Lowcountry Blogs - Excellent directory of over 200 blogs from the Charleston area - Many of these blogs are not SC-specific, but they are all written by locals
- The Newsless Courier - Critic of the Charleston Post and Courier weighs in
- Paint Charleston Daily - Showcases paintings by Katherine Schneider and tells stories of how her works of art came to be
- Patrick L. Archibald - Goose Creek blogger shares pictures of SC nature and events - Lots of lovely birds!
- PeeDeeFoodie - Enthusiastic exploration of the very best of food and food culture of the Pee Dee Region of South Carolina
- Pineapple Hill - Offering observations, information and ideas from Upstate South Carolina
- Pluff Mud Perspectives - Go birding with James Island native Catherine "Cathy" Miller, a photographer and member of the Charleston Audubon Society. This blog is a wonderful way to learn about Lowcountry wildlife, one picture at a time!
- Rambling Southern Style - Southern sights, sounds, flavors, fashion, and thinking through the filter of the feminine Southern Voice.
- Random Connections - Focuses on life in Upstate SC, with restaurant reviews and day trip descriptions - Also includes insight into the SC educational system from an instructional technology point of view - Be sure to check out Tom's exquisite entries on the Edisto River - Excellent photography!
- Rediscovering Charleston's Colonial Fortifications - Blog about the old walled city by Charleston County Public Library's Special Collections manager, Nic Butler
- Sea Island Footprints - Blog journey and memories of Beaufort and St. Helena Island
- The Shop Tart - The "tart" advices where to shop, what to buy, and where to go to lunch in Columbia
- Shout About Carolina - Highlights family-friendly places in SC - Tips, photos, and videos will help you make the most of your vacation
- South Carolina Access to Justice Weblog - Shares info about the SC Access to Justice Commission, which seeks to expand and enhance legal representation for low-income South Carolinians
- South Carolinas Historical Markers - Official blog of the South Carolina state historical marker program with information on markers that have been recently placed plus those that are missing
- South Carolina Room - Charleston County Public Library responds to questions about the history, culture, and genealogy of South Carolina, particularly Charleston
- Tales from the Microbial Laboratory - Gardening, science, poetry, life, and a wonderful article about world-famous Bishopville topiary artist Pearl Fryar
- A Taste of Carolina - A culinary journal seasoned with a dash of history and culture - categories include "Home Grown in Carolina" and "Lowcountry Cuisine"
- Visit Columbia - Columbia Metropolitan CVB keeps you posted on Midlands events
- WorkSC - Learn about employment events, tips for finding a great job, the newest resources for career advancement, and more from the SC State Library
- US 17 Coastal Highway - Learn about and see the people and places found along the 1,189 miles of highway which runs near the Atlantic Ocean from Winchester, Virginia south to Punta Gorda, Florida.
SC Through the Eyes of New South Carolinians