South Carolina – Blogs about Life in the Palmetto State
Also see: SC Political Blogs
SC Blog Sponsors
- My Island Town - Daniel Island, SC
A combination blog and e-magazine bringing you news about Daniel Island's lifestyle, businesses and community.
- All Points West - A blog about South Carolina's connections with Lewis and Clark, early frontiers, and the American West
- Andy's Ramblings - Edgefield native paints and photographs images of South Carolina, giving artistic tips along the way
- The Art of the Plate - The Culinary Institute of Charleston at Trident Technical College serves up tasty recipes, local reviews, student stories, and school info
- ARTSAILS1 - Art news and events in Columbia, plus opportunities for artists to showcase their work or brush up on their skills
- Audubon South Carolina - "Swampy" the snake spills all - A good read for nature buffs of every age
- Backyard Wildlife Habitats - How to attract wildlife to your SC backyard - Sara Green of the South Carolina Wildlife Federation shares her garden journal - A treasure!
- The Best of South Carolina - Lowcountry dog lover on a mission to find the best of the Charleston area
- Birds I View SC - Reports on birds and places to go birding in the SC coastal area
- Capital City Eatz - University students, Sam and David, visit local Columbia restaurants and post their opinions and pictures
- Carolina Arts Unleashed - Ins-and-outs of the visual art community in the Carolinas
- Carolina Considered - A celebration of South Carolina's amazing natural and social scenery, gathered during travels around the state by USC Professor Emeritus Dr. Robert Angel - photos, commentary, and more
- Charleston Chow - Holly Herrick's weekly journal of the state of food and restaurants in Charleston. A fun read and truly informative!
- Charleston City Paper Blogs - Blogs hosted by The Holy City's popular weekly
- Charleston Currents - Online news featuring fun lists, positive local news, and editorials - published twice-weekly
- Charleston Daily Photo - Formerly "Walk This Way" - Charleston's "Unofficial Curator of Sidewalk Graffiti" takes you down the streets of the Holy City and the backroads of South Carolina as she visits churches, cemeteries, cotton fields, and more - Excellent photos!
–Read SCIWAY's article about and interview with Charleston Daily Photo blogger Joan Perry
- Charleston Fine Art Dealers' Association Blog - Features current art events and artists in Charleston
- Charles on Charleston - Local radio personality showcases the compelling people and places that make "Charleston one of the world's greatest cities."
- Chicken Bog - Joey from Greenville focuses his lens on SC birds, flowers, nature, landmarks, and ruins ... with a little football thrown in. Truly beautiful!
- Christopher Hall Photography - Aiken resident and photographer Chris Hall travels and documents the beauty of our great state
- Columbia Foodie - "Diary of a foodie eating, drinking, and cooking her way through South Carolina"
- CRASH - IP Stanback Museum and Planetarium's blog about Civil Rights, Art, Science, and the Humanities ... good info about artists and culture at South Carolina State University
- Cypress Gardens - Event info plus "what's blooming" in this historic SC garden
- Daufuskie Island, South Carolina - Media and news articles about this Beaufort County community
- A Day's Drive from Greenville, SC - Mini-vacation destinations for those departing from the Greenville area
- The Dead Librarian - Debra Bloom, Periodicals Librarian for the Richland County Public Library, helps you research your SC genealogy
- Dr. Neil Kao's Allergy and Asthma Blog - Upstate physician blogs about allergies in SC - View SC Smoke-free Workplace Ordinances Map and Greenville pollen counts and air quality conditions
- Fort Mill SC Living - Exploring the people, places and food of York County
- Gap Creek Gourmet - Self-proclaimed writer, food geek, and mom delves into all things food in the Upstate
- Go Green Charleston - Excellent community action forum - Read this blog and make a difference
- Greenville Daily Photo - The title says it all - We wish every SC town had one of these!
- Indigo Blue - Husband and wife team from Greenville hits the road in search of the best spots to visit in the Palmetto State
- Kidding Around Greenville SC - Two moms write about life with kids in Upstate including lots of ideas for outings
Let's Celebrate South Carolina - Camden native and Myrtle Beach resident Nina Nash asks fellow South Carolinians to help her celebrate the great state of South Carolina!
- Lowcountry Blogs - Excellent directory of over 200 blogs from the Charleston area - Many of these blogs are not SC-specific, but they are all written by locals
- My South Carolina - Irmo resident, Chris Swope, chronicles his travels around South Carolina through photography
- Natural Imagery - Photographer Clay Bolt posts his visions of South Carolina using beautiful photos
- Nature Spots - Ed Welch of Pickens posts photos and videos of some of South Carolina's most beautiful gems
- The Newsless Courier - Critic of the Charleston Post and Courier weighs in
- Paint Charleston Daily - Showcases paintings by Katherine Schneider and tells stories of how her works of art came to be
- Patrick L. Archibald - Goose Creek blogger shares pictures of SC nature and events - Lots of lovely birds!
- PeeDeeFoodie - Enthusiastic exploration of the very best of food and food culture of the Pee Dee Region of South Carolina
- Pluff Mud Perspectives - Go birding with James Island native Catherine "Cathy" Miller, a photographer and member of the Charleston Audubon Society. This blog is a wonderful way to learn about Lowcountry wildlife, one picture at a time!
- Random Connections - Focuses on life in Upstate SC, with restaurant reviews and day trip descriptions - Also includes insight into the SC educational system from an instructional technology point of view - Be sure to check out Tom's exquisite entries on the Edisto River - Excellent photography!
- Rediscovering Charleston's Colonial Fortifications - Blog about the old walled city by Charleston County Public Library's Special Collections manager, Nic Butler
- The Shop Tart - The "tart" advices where to shop, what to buy, and where to go to lunch in Columbia
- Shout About Carolina - Highlights family-friendly places in SC - Tips, photos, and videos will help you make the most of your vacation
- South Carolina Access to Justice Weblog - Shares info about the SC Access to Justice Commission, which seeks to expand and enhance legal representation for low-income South Carolinians
- South Carolina from the Mountains to the Sea
- South Carolina Room - Charleston County Public Library responds to questions about the history, culture, and genealogy of South Carolina, particularly Charleston
- Tales from the Microbial Laboratory - Gardening, science, poetry, life, and a wonderful article about world-famous Bishopville topiary artist Pearl Fryar
- A Taste of Carolina - A culinary journal seasoned with a dash of history and culture - categories include "Home Grown in Carolina" and "Lowcountry Cuisine"
- 29seven20.com - Featuring items of note for all things Lancaster including interviews with notable citizens, comics from a local artist, and little-known facts about the area
- Visit Columbia - Columbia Metropolitan CVB keeps you posted on Midlands events
- WorkSC - Learn about employment events, tips for finding a great job, the newest resources for career advancement, and more from the SC State Library
SC Through the Eyes of New South Carolinians